Thursday, June 19, 2014

iTunes U FLEX Questions & Answers for GCISD



Today Janie and I worked on creating a question and answer session using Google Hangout.  We were hoping to create a way for teachers to become a little more comfortable with this new district initiative, GCISD Induction & FLEX Program. It is a course that encompasses the many significant features of the Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District.  The course will help all employees have a better understanding of our school district and the requirements of its employees in order to be compliant with local, state, and federal requirements.  Accessing this course for the first time could have its challenges because it is a new tool for our district employees.

This was my first time actually using Google Hangout.  I have to give Janie full credit as it became an experiment initiated by her.  We had our ideas ready to go - and then started the session.  It was a great way to address concerns from teachers in a different format.  I knew we were going to be "live" as it was being recorded on YouTube - but I was thinking it was just going to be our voices that would be recorded.  I wasn't aware that video of ourselves would be part of the recording or I would have been a little more focused on the camera (not leaning or scratching my head - ugh!) and I would have tried to sit up straight throughout the session.  Oh, well . . . now I know and will make sure that my next Google Hangout is a little better.  I like the idea of using Google Hangout and look forward to finding another opportunity to dabble with it!

Search for the GCISD Induction & FLEX Program in iTunes U!

No comments:

Post a Comment